Hypnotherapy is a natural state of relaxed focus and inward attention. In the sessions you are safe and awake, but very relaxed, and in complete control at all times. In this comfortable state of absorption the ‘busy’ conscious mind takes time out and the subconscious mind takes the lead and works to find ways to help you access the skills you need in order to attain the outcomes you want.
As more sophisticated brain imaging technologies are developed, researchers are able to examine the mind body connection in even greater depth. Science is discovering that hypnotherapy, meditation and other mind body techniques can actually create long lasting beneficial changes in the brain. Some of the changes that have been observed include:
- Physical changes, including increases in activity in regions of the pre-frontal cortex (the executive or decision making centres) and decreases in activity in the amygdala (an organ in the brain associated with the ‘fight or flight’ fear instinct).
- Chemical changes, including higher levels of dopamine and other chemicals in the body associated with happiness, as well as lower levels of cortisol (the stress hormone)
Because hypnotherapy deals directly with the deep intuitive wisdom of the inner mind, it can assist us to bypass those obstacles and negative belief patterns we often get stuck in. It is a process that enables the power of the subconscious mind to be harnessed in order to overcome problems that prevent us from living life as fully and as joyfully as we would like.
By utilizing Hypnotherapy for areas of concern in your life, you will learn ways to become happier, healthier and stronger, and more in control of how you experience life.
More Answers About Hypnotherapy
Check out our Hypnotherapy FAQ to get more in-depth answers to questions such as:
- What happens in a hypnotherapy session?
- Will I get stuck in hypnosis?
- Will I remember everything that happens in the hypnosis session?
- Can anyone be hypnotized?
- Is a referral necessary?
…Through my hypnotherapy sessions, I was able to transform my perception of myself and my outlook on life… The outcome of my sessions was above and beyond what I expected… Now when I am stressed or lack confidence, I have the ability to conduct myself in a more positive and productive way that I never imagined possible before…
…Sarah is a very caring and intuitive hypnotherapist. She took the time to investigate the cause of my addictive behaviours and tailored our hypnotherapy sessions to my needs, which was a great help… I recommend Sarah to anyone who wants to go deeper into why they might be experiencing a particular problem.